The route of the Yellowstone Trail was changed on the east side of Stanley sometime between 1917 and 1929. The first route was north of the tracks on Road E and First Ave. The second was south of the tracks on what is now Co. X.
Between Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire there were at least two routes. The older, until 1920, is a bit uncertain following Canal St., Main St., Greenville St., Park St., and, nearer Eau Claire, Starr Ave., Omaha St., McDonough, and Madison. In 1920, a concrete pavement was build along the present route of Co. J., Western Ave., and then Birch St., Germania and then Madison.
Near Hallie was Electric Park, "the best amusement park between Minneapolis and Chicago."